Embedded Virtual Machine Technology
CEE-J® VMs for Java Applications on Embedded Devices
Looking for an embedded virtual machine? Skelmir's CEE-J VMs are designed to run industry standard and custom embedded Java applications on embedded devices. Already deployed in over 140 million devices worldwide, CEE-J is driving the success of Java based solutions including those in the TV, Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) markets.
CEE-J VM Configuration Features & Benefits
Skelmir's focus is on embedded devices, where size and performance are crucial to success. Skelmir can work closely with your development teams to customize CEE-J for your specific use cases to optimize overall performance.
- Supports embedded Java applications written to the J2SE Java 8 specification.
- The CEE-J VM for a Linux/ARM platform is approximately 12 Mbytes (including core VM, JIT and Libraries). Final deployable size may be reduced by including only those Java Libraries required to best run your applications.
- Highly Optimized Interpreters for each supported CPU.
- JIT Compiler included by default; removable for footprint benefits if required.
- Optimized footprint, cost and performance for embedded applications, even those that are memory/CPU constrained.
- Garbage Collector designed for embedded applications - eliminates memory fragmentation and minimizes allocation times.
- Pluggable security architecture designed to allow you to use the security provider(s) that best meet your performance, memory, financial and security needs. CEE-J provides support for:
- – Up to TLS 1.4.
- – Wolf SSL, BoringSSL, OpenSSL, BouncyCastleTLS, and SkelmirTLS.
- – Adding providers as the need arises. Contact Skelmir to discuss best options for your use case.
- CPUs: MIPs, ARM, x86, PPC
- Operating Systems: Linux, MacOS, Windows, (contact Skelmir to discuss other embedded OS options)
Debugging and Profiling Support
- JVMTI (Java Virtual Machine Tool Interface)
- Proprietary Skelmir debugging and profiling tools for use in, or support of, devices in the field:
- Snapshot Tool: Used to provide core file of running application. Useful for analyzing state of system in the field.
- Post Mortem Tool: Used to pinpoint specific information quickly and easily in large core files back at the lab.
- Embedded Post Mortem Tool: Embedded version of the Post Mortem Tool allows you to distill and retain only the information you need for analysis from your core file.
- CAR Tool: Compress JAR files by up to 50%, dramatically reducing overall application footprint.
- SPA: Secure Plug-in Architecture (SPA), a lightweight application framework for dynamically loading and unloading of applications or functionality.
- Graphics options available upon request.
Support and Partners
Skelmir's experienced team of world-class embedded engineers are on hand to help you deliver your product to market and revenue in the shortest possible time.
CEE-J is deployed today supporting industry standard middleware, 3rd party applications and proprietary solutions in IoT, IIoT, TV and more. Skelmir has pre-integrated CEE-J with a number of partner solutions across industries to help you get to market as quickly as possible.
Contact us for more information, or to request an evaluation build. >>
CEE-J virtual machines enable today's embedded designs and the designs of things to come.